Career Services Overview
We can help you achieve the best mining career possible
Whether you’re ready for a new challenge, not sure how to take the next step or not sure what the next step is, our team of experienced, specialist mining industry careers experts can help you land your perfect next job in the mining industry.
Check out the range of services we have available, below, including our personalised career packages.
Before that though, here’s how you can be sure we’re the best possible people to help you take the next step in your career.
Who are we?
Since 1995 our team of specialist mining industry recruiters have been matching the right person to the right mining job. Our people come from the industry, so they understand your skills and experience and what you’re looking for.
If you’re looking for help taking that next step in your career, our Senior Consultant of Career Services, Gail Rogers, is the best possible person for you to talk to. Gail grew up in mining towns, (Kalgoorlie and Leonora), spent more than 15 years on the mines and, since then, has spent another 15 years or more working in mining recruitment.
Over the years, Gail has helped thousands of people just like you rekindle their love of the industry, win the jobs of their dreams, find their next challenge, or supercharge their careers.
She’s qualified both in Human Resource Management and Career Development, so with these qualifications and experience, she’s extremely well-placed to help you – no matter what level of the industry you’re coming from or aiming for.
The career services we have available to help you
Our career services are individual, one-on-one sessions tailored to suit you. We listen to your wants, needs and questions and find the right solutions for you.
Here are the services we have available:
- Career Guidance – We will help you with some of the biggest and potentially unsettling moments of your career — including job transition, redundancy, uncertainty over your future direction, planning for career advancement and deciding when it is time to leave the industry altogether.
- Resume and LinkedIn Profile Services – We will work with you to prepare your resume for a specific job application, provide up-to-date advice on current recruitment practices and help you develop or improve your LinkedIn profile, to ensure you get noticed.
- Interview Rehearsal and Coaching – We will work with you one on one to radically improve your job interview technique — providing feedback on how well you answer questions and how to engage with the interview panel and giving advice that will help you win the job.
- Career Assessment – Do you feel lost in your career? Are you asking yourself whether it’s time for a different career altogether? We can provide an assessment tool to assess your career, its possible trajectory and the options available to you, and help you discover your new direction.
- Graduate/Students – If you’re just getting your start in the industry, or you’re hoping to, our mining-experienced recruiters and career guidance consultants are ready with answers to all the questions you have and with great advice.
- Your Wellbeing and Managing the Mining Lifestyle – Mining can be a difficult career. Whether it’s the transition into the industry that’s causing the problem or you’ve been in mining for years and just need advice, our consultants are here to help.
- Psychometric Assessments – Psychometric assessments can provide an objective and unbiased assessment of your cognitive ability and job-related personality traits that are associated with higher job performance. We have partnered with a company that offers Organisational Psychology reporting, that is accredited in psychometric assessments and that can provide testing on a range of cognitive abilities (numerical, verbal and abstract reasoning) and comprehensive personality assessments. If you are interested, please let us know, as we can provide example reports that are applicable to the kinds of mining jobs we’re able to help you with.
Pick and choose what’s right for you with personalised career packages
We know that several of the services could be of interest to you, all at the same time. So, we’re pleased to offer personalised career packages incorporating all the individual career guidance strategies you need from the list above.
Your package is tailored to suit your individual needs!
Whether you need a new resume for a job search or a complete career revamp, we have a level of package that will suit your situation and requirements.
|Skills Assessment||Questionnaire||Phone Meet||Face to face Meet||Resume||LinkedIn Review||Cover Letter||Career Session||Cost(exc GST)|
This career services package includes a pre-appointment skills assessment, a phone call to discuss your resume requirements, an updated professional resume and a multi-use cover letter.
This career services package includes a pre-appointment skills assessment and questionnaire, a face-to-face meeting to discuss your resume requirements, an updated professional resume, a LinkedIn profile review and a multi-use cover letter.
This career services package includes a pre-appointment skills assessment and questionnaire, a face-to-face meeting to discuss your resume requirements, an updated professional resume, a LinkedIn profile review and suggested improvements, a multi-use cover letter, and an interview coaching or career planning session.
We’re always extremely happy to help executive-level mining professionals with their career progression. Executive coaching and resumes are tailored to the individual, so please ask us for more information about our packages and pricing.
You can upgrade your package to include a full career assessment. That means you’ll also get the following reports:
- Career Options
- Career Development
- Career Enjoyment Analysis
Let our professional team assist you
Each month we survey a large number of clients and candidates, to see what they thought about their interactions with us.
Over the past year, close to 90% of our clients and candidates have rated us as equal to or better than our competitors.
Here is just some of the feedback we’ve received about the career guidance sessions we’ve done.
‘Was a great meeting and I feel much more confident now.‘
‘Thank you for your time and counsel. I really appreciate and respect your knowledge of industry and insightful guidance.‘
‘The updated CV you sent though is brilliant and I have commenced my new role today with a lot to learn.’
Need career advice?
Mining People’s Careers Consultant, Gail Rogers, has vast experience in mining, recruitment and careers guidance.
She understands the industry’s challenges and can spot an opportunity. If you need advice, your career could not be in better hands.