Underground Mine Planning Engineer
- New underground gold mine development
- 8/6 roster, FIFO ex Perth
- Excellent career opportunity
Reporting to the Senior Mining Planning Engineer and Technical Service Manager, you will be responsible for delivering short, medium and long term mine plans for the site.
Requirements of the role
In this role you will:
- Develop plans and forecasts as well as preliminary and conceptual mine designs
- Complete stope design studies
- Liaise with operations personnel to communicate infrastructure requirements for mine areas and create associated action plans to meet the budget schedule
- Liaise with the Production Engineers with respect to schedule implementation
- Prepare stope designs and layouts to meet the budget schedule, undertake economic evaluations of stopes and mine areas
- Ensure mine plans are designed, approved and distributed to support achieving the short, medium and long term forecasts
- Be involved in the day to day operations of the mine.
- Tertiary Qualifications in a Mining Engineering or a related discipline
- WA First Class Mine Manager’s Certificate of Competency or ability to obtain
- More than 5 years underground engineering experience, with exposure to all production phases preferably gold
- Exposure to Microsoft office and mining software such as Deswik, and Ventsim
- Valid WA “C” driver’s license.
Unfortunately, we are only able to consider people with appropriate and relevant experience, and who are either Australian Permanent Residents or have the necessary permits to work in Australia.
Hi, I'm Peter Mazzucato. If you are interested in this role, please apply online in the first instance and then we can be in contact further once your application has been reviewed. Without your application or CV, we cannot comment on your suitability.
Not quite what you were looking for?
Subscribe to get the right job sent to you.Subscribe