Project Exploration Geologist
- Perth or Kalgoorlie based with campaign travel
- Well-funded ASX listed nickel explorer
- Permanent position
With existing nickel sulphide resources and highly fertile surrounding regional tenement packages, they are well poised to capitalise on on the growing EV demand for battery minerals through further discoveries and resource growth.
Working closely with the Exploration Manager & CEO, this role will take primary responsibility for their WA nickel projects, splitting time between field and office based exploration activities as required. With economic resources already defined but still open down plunge and along strike, they are seeking to better understand the potential and scale of their two main projects, whilst concurrently exploring the highly prospective but underexplored regional tenement packages.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Implementation and management of data acquisition programs, including; mapping, geochemical sampling, structural and geophysical surveys and drilling
- Generation and prospectively analysis of exploration targets
- Design and management brownfields and greenfields exploration drilling programs
- Interpretation & generation of cross sections.
- 4 years+ exploration experience, ideally with prior magmatic nickel sulphide experience
- Able to apply reliable, scientific and critical thinking to geological data and results
- Ability to work independently and with a small team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Unfortunately, we are only able to consider people with appropriate and relevant experience, and who are either Australian Permanent Residents or have the necessary permits to work in Australia.
Hi, I'm Scott Deakin. The most effective way to apply for this job is to do so online now. However, if you would like to speak with me first, my number is +61 (8) 9426 1522.
Not quite what you were looking for?
Subscribe to get the right job sent to you.Subscribe