- West Perth Head Office
- Resource sector
- Strong Pronto experience is a must
Your role as a key member of the finance team, will assist with the management and implementation of all financial reporting, external audit and procure to pay settlement processes.
Additionally, the role will include:
- Plan and participate in the monthly reporting cycle from transaction processing, validation, preparation of journals to review of consolidated reports
- Prepare monthly inter-entity recharges and accruals as necessary
- Monthly review and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Assist with preparation and analysis of monthly cashflow reporting
- Maintain integrity of data in Pronto via review of account coding, reconciliation, investigate anomalies and assist the finance team to correct or revise data when necessary
- Review requisitions as approved in Pronto before converting and issuing procurement purchase orders to suppliers
- Maintain and encourage compliance with internal controls
- Identify and account for expenditure that is capital in nature, review and reconcile the Fixed Assets register as required
- Prepare and lodge monthly BAS returns, Diesel Fuel rebates, PAYG and payroll tax
- Review and reconcile corporate travel register, expense claims and credit cards at each month end, ensuring compliance with travel and corporate card policies
- Review quality of data in Pronto, perform period end closing and roll over procedures
- Assist with statutory half year and annual reporting requirements, including liaison with auditors to prepare and provide information as requested
- Understand and apply new or existing Accounting Standards as necessary
- Participate in the application of Corporate accounting policies to activities as necessary
- Assist to prepare information required for corporate income tax returns including liaison with external advisors where applicable
- Contribute information to assist with preparation of budgets and forecasts as required
- Identify and initiate improvements to process or practices where feasible.
- Degree qualified in Accounting or Finance
- Professional accreditation and membership of ICAA or CPA
- Proven track record in Financial Accounting in an ASX listed company environment
- Pronto experience is a must
- 5+ years’ experience in Corporate Accounting or Financial Accounting
- Experience working in resources sector and start up projects, understanding of accounting standards and application in the resources sector
- Well-developed conceptual, analytical and planning skills
- Advanced financial skills with considerable experience in preparing financial reports for internal or external requirements
- Well-developed negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work within a team, share information and communicate effectively
For a confidential discussion call Terrie Cole on (08) 9426 1546
Unfortunately, we are only able to consider people with appropriate and relevant experience, and who are either Australian Permanent Residents or have the necessary permits to work in Australia.
If you are interested in this role, please apply online in the first instance and then we can be in contact further once your application has been reviewed. Without your application or CV, we cannot comment on your suitability.
Not quite what you were looking for?
Subscribe to get the right job sent to you.Subscribe