- ASX listed copper developer
- Perth based with occasional site visits
This role will be chiefly responsible for the integration of historical databases and implementation of a new central database ensuring a seamless transition through to mining and critically, continuous maintenance of data integrity and communication the site based geological and project development team.
Working with the Project and Feasibility Manager, this role will be responsible for the overall management of all geoscientific information.
Key outcomes for these roles include:
- Implementing the new geology database to support field requirements for new iron ore operation
- Providing data to facilitate JORC standard reporting
- Designing reporting formats as required by various teams
- Assisting with Mines Department statutory and internal company reporting
- Assist with general geological and tenement administration
- Liaise closely with the Development, Exploration and Mine Geology teams in addition to Senior Management.
The successful individuals will hold either Geological or Information System qualifications and have extensive experience in geological database management in addition to having excellent communication skills and being capable of working autonomously to high standards.
Other key competencies include:
- 5 to 8 + years’ experience in the mining/exploration industry
- Strong knowledge about geological databases, modelling packages and GIS systems
- Experience with managing and working with contractors and QAQC monitoring
- Drafting and excellent report writing skills.
Unfortunately, we are only able to consider people with appropriate and relevant experience, and who are either Australian Permanent Residents or have the necessary permits to work in Australia.
Hi, I'm Scott Deakin. The most effective way to apply for this job is to do so online now. However, if you would like to speak with me first, my number is +61 (8) 9426 1522.
Not quite what you were looking for?
Subscribe to get the right job sent to you.Subscribe