Project Exploration Geologist
- Perth based
- Permanent position
- Flexible work arrangements
- Driving data acquisition, mapping, geochemical, structural and geophysical programs.
- Design and management of Greenfields exploration drilling programs and the interpretations & generation of cross sections.
- Mentoring of junior geology team members
- Ensuring all environmental, heritage and financial approvals are in place prior to conducting activities.
- Identifying data quality short falls and implementing ways to address them
- Implementation of QAQC procedures and input to enhancing procedures
- Ensure advancement of the highest priority/ ranking targets
- Input to Exploration budget as well as technical input to Mineral Resource Estimation.
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher, in Earth Sciences
- 3 years exploration experience in hard rock Lithium deposits
- Have significant demonstrated experience in all aspects of diamond core, RC, and RAB drilling.
- Experience in geological mapping together with Mineral Resource Estimation exposure
- Previous experience in ASX & DMIRS statutory reporting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with strong presentation skills and the ability to promote targets or concepts to senior stakeholders.
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Knowledge of MapInfo and Micromine (or equivalent)
- Knowledge on key factors in determining economics of lithium deposits
- Membership of AusIMM or AIG and the ability to act as a competent person in the future.
Unfortunately, we are only able to consider people with appropriate and relevant experience, and who are either Australian Permanent Residents or have the necessary permits to work in Australia.
Hi, I'm Scott Deakin. The most effective way to apply for this job is to do so online now. However, if you would like to speak with me first, my number is +61 (8) 9426 1522.
Not quite what you were looking for?
Subscribe to get the right job sent to you.Subscribe