Senior Business Development Geologist
Reporting to the Head of Business Development Australia, you will be responsible for identifying and evaluating hard rock spodumene projects of potential interest and alignment with the company’s corporate strategy. Initially the focus will be centred on early-stage exploration opportunities via potential joint ventures or earn in agreements.
Duties will include:
- Working as part of the Australian Business Development Team you will provide key technical analysis and due diligence to identify opportunities that align with the organisations corporate strategy.
- Evaluate the geological prospectiveness of potential acquisition targets, with a major focus on spodumene deposits.
- Participating in Technical Management Committees set up to direct and monitor activities across joint ventures or partnership agreements.
- Act as the conduit to Management across projects operated by Partners, including significant developments.
- Post-graduate degree in Geoscience/Geology
- 10+ years of exploration experience within the hard rock mining industry, with at least 2-5 years’ experience with spodumene mineralisation in either a mining or exploration environment.
- Prior business development, asset evaluation or M&A experience, including high levels of financial proficiency will be strongly preferred.
This is a unique opportunity for an entrepreneurial Senior Exploration Geologist or Exploration Manager to work with a global lithium producer as they seek to expand upon their Australian presence via early stage earn in or joint venture agreements. You will be a motivated and connected individual, with strong communication skills and the ability to work within a close knit team.
Unfortunately, we are only able to consider people with appropriate and relevant experience, and who are either Australian Permanent Residents or have the necessary permits to work in Australia.
If you are interested in this role, please apply online in the first instance and then we can be in contact further once your application has been reviewed. Without your application or CV, we cannot comment on your suitability.
Not quite what you were looking for?
Subscribe to get the right job sent to you.Subscribe