Senior Planning Engineer/ Alternate Quarry Manager
About the job
Reporting to the Superintendent Mine Operation Planning, you will be responsible for producing, delivering and executing the monthly mine plan as well as the technical work required to derive and achieve these plans. The position operates in an environment that focuses on safe, cost-effective production and technical excellence.
Key accountabilities include;
• Administer and track key performance indicators and gain buy in from stakeholders for monthly input data based on current performance.
• Administer and track monthly plan compliance and log variances to sequence, to better understand changes and how we can improve plans to reflect reality.
• Ownership and management of the blast masters for the Technical Services group, including coordinating changes and signoffs as well as updating to reflect current mine design and natural surface.
• Modify the approved pit design where appropriate to accommodate short term planning requirements.
• Generation and implementation of the monthly mine plans that are prepared in line with the budget, or other high level metrics (ounces, ex-pit, face positions).
• Monthly mine plans to include detailed plans for dig sequence, drill sequence, dumping plans, key projects required, trucking forecast, crusher feed, electrical and dewatering infrastructure, stockpiling strategy.
• Roll out monthly mine plans to key stakeholders (Managers, Tech Services, Processing, Operations)
• Proactively participate in the optimisation of short term mine planning and the implementation of continuous improvement initiatives.
• Chair pre monthly planning meetings
• Coordinate with crushing, metallurgy, ore control and drill and blast for ROM blending planning.
• Tertiary Qualification – Bachelor of Engineering (Mining) or equivalent
• Experience as a short-term planning engineer
• Extensive experience in a mine engineering role (or equivalent) with exposure to Operational and Senior Engineering roles.
• Quarry Manager’s certificate and experience with Autonomous Haulage Fleet system.
• Advanced computer skills including experience with a range of global mine planning (GMP) packages in particular Alastri Production Scheduler (APS) or Minesight Activity Scheduler (MS Atlas); drill and blast tools and production monitoring and mine dispatch systems.
• Demonstrated experience applying your technical knowledge in continuous improvement
• Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to persuade, involve and lead a diverse multi-functioned group of stakeholders to ensure, short term operational objectives are achieved in an efficient manner for an optimal solution.
What's on offer
You will be rewarded with an above average remuneration and access to several bonus schemes. Accommodation on site is excellent. Family friendly roster (5/2, 4/3), good company culture, training and career development opportunities and a great lifestyle. Opportunity for career advancement within the organisation. To find out more, please contact Peter Mazzucato on 08 9426 1516, or hit the apply button.
Unfortunately, we are only able to consider people with appropriate and relevant experience, and who are either Australian Permanent Residents or have the necessary permits to work in Australia.
Hi, I'm Peter Mazzucato. If you are interested in this role, please apply online in the first instance and then we can be in contact further once your application has been reviewed. Without your application or CV, we cannot comment on your suitability.
Not quite what you were looking for?
Subscribe to get the right job sent to you.Subscribe