Senior Database Geologist
- ASX listed copper developer
- Split between Perth head office and site
This role will be chiefly responsible for the integration of historical databases and implementation of a new central database ensuring a seamless transition through to mining and critically, continuous management of databases and communication with site based geological and project development team on appropriate data controls.
Working with the Geology Manager and Chief Geologist, this role will be responsible for the overall management of all geoscientific information.
Key outcomes for these roles include:
- Implementing the new geology database to support field requirements for the new copper operation.
- Providing data to facilitate JORC standard reporting
- Designing reporting formats as required by various teams
- Assisting with Mines Department statutory and internal company reporting.
- Assist with general geological and tenement administration
- Liaise closely with the Development, Exploration and Mine Geology teams in addition to Senior Management.
The successful individuals will hold either Geological or Information System qualifications and have extensive experience in geological database management in addition to having excellent communication skills and being capable of working autonomously to high standards.
Other key competencies include:
- Bachelors degree in geology or geosciences equivalent
- 5 to 8 + years’ experience in the mining/exploration industry
- Strong knowledge about geological databases, modelling packages and GIS systems.
- Experience with managing and working with contractors and QAQC monitoring.
An attractive salary package and performance options will be included offering leverage to the company’s growth trajectory.
Unfortunately, we are only able to consider people with appropriate and relevant experience, and who are either Australian Permanent Residents or have the necessary permits to work in Australia.
Hi, I'm Scott Deakin. The most effective way to apply for this job is to do so online now. However, if you would like to speak with me first, my number is +61 (8) 9426 1522.
Not quite what you were looking for?
Subscribe to get the right job sent to you.Subscribe