Underground Mining Engineer
The underground extraction of this nickel sulphide deposit will involve mining 1.2Mt of ore at two mines at an average nickel grade of 3.3% over an initial 5-year period. The deposit remains open at depth and promises to continue to produce for some time to come.
We are seeking a Mining Engineer with experience in underground hard rock operations. Your duties will include but not limited to:
- Delivery of short-term schedules for production
- Production drill design
- Production blast design
- Ventilation planning and surveying
- Data entry and reporting functions
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Have a tertiary qualification in Mining Engineering or equivalent
- Have 2 - 3 years mine production experience in a similar operation with exposure to all production phases including ventilation
- Have a minimum of 1 year experience in drill & blast design, and 1 year experience in short term scheduling
- Be team orientated and an excellent communicator
- Competent in the use of Mining software such as Surpac, Deswik, Vulcan, etc.
- Hold an unrestricted “C” Class WA manual drivers licence
- Hold existing work rights for Australia.
What's on Offer:
- 8/6 lifestyle roster
- FIFO from Perth
- Highly competitive remuneration package including incentive bonuses
- On-going staff training and career development opportunities.
Unfortunately, we are only able to consider people with appropriate and relevant experience, and who are either Australian Permanent Residents or have the necessary permits to work in Australia.
Hi, I'm Peter Mazzucato. If you are interested in this role, please apply online in the first instance and then we can be in contact further once your application has been reviewed. Without your application or CV, we cannot comment on your suitability.
Not quite what you were looking for?
Subscribe to get the right job sent to you.Subscribe