- New open pit base metals development
- 8/6 roster, FIFO ex Perth
- Projected 20 + year LOM
About the role
Reporting to the Group Geology Manager and deputising for them in their absence, you will play a key role in the completion of the BFS and in turn, mine development. This dynamic leadership role will require, you to be a passionate, consultative and prepared to assist to across a variety of geological activities during the start up phase. As a developing geology team, you will ensure continual quality mentoring and development of the teams’ technical capabilities to achieve strategic and business objectives.
Duties will include:
- Providing site based leadership to geology and resource definition teams.
- Creation and implementation of grade control systems.
- Assisting with the geometallurgical understanding of the orebody.
- Coordination and management of near mine extensional drilling programs.
- Contributing to orebody modelling and life of mine planning and providing mentoring and leadership to the broader geology team.
Skills and experience
The ideal applicant will have the following attributes:
- Proven background as an Open Pit Geology Superintendent within a base metals or gold operation.
- Strong ability to manage and foster geological best practice, with a focus on grade control.
- Leadership, with the ability to set goals and manage performance.
- Adaptable attitude and preparedness to assist across a breadth of responsibilities during the start-up phase.
Unfortunately, we are only able to consider people who have had prior mining industry experience, and are either Australian Citizens or Australian Permanent Residents.
Hi, I'm Scott Deakin. The most effective way to apply for this job is to do so online now. However, if you would like to speak with me first, my number is +61 (8) 9426 1522.
Not quite what you were looking for?
Subscribe to get the right job sent to you.Subscribe