- 8/6 roster - FIFO ex Perth
- Immediate start
- 2 month contract- potential for extension
Our client, a leading gold producer is currently seeking a Laboratory Technician for a 2 month temporary contract, working 12 hours per day, FIFO ex Perth.
- Conduct routine analysis of mill samples via various methodologies (primarily Bottle Rolls and Aqua Regia)
- Record all results in the appropriate registers
- Preparation of laboratory related information for the Lab Supervisor and/or Plant Metallurgist
- Routine and maintenance cleaning of the laboratory equipment such as AAS, acid dispensers, Vortex mixer and scales
- Comply with and undertake additional/alternative responsibilities as reasonably requested by their Supervisor.
- Demonstrated skills in report writing, spreadsheets, costing systems, cost control, and scheduling
- NPC valid within 6 months (this is essential)
- Work well unsupervised
- Have a willingness to work night shift when required
- Cert IV in Laboratory Techniques (advantageous but optional)
- Experience in a gold laboratory wet lab essential
- Experience with AAS, acid digestion, MS Excel / Access / Outlook essential
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems as they arise
- Excellent communication skills.
Unfortunately, we are only able to consider people with appropriate and relevant experience, and who are either Australian Permanent Residents or have the necessary permits to work in Australia.
If you are interested in this role, please apply online in the first instance and then we can be in contact further once your application has been reviewed. Without your application or CV, we cannot comment on your suitability.
Not quite what you were looking for?
Subscribe to get the right job sent to you.Subscribe