Geology Superintendent or Senior Open Pit Mine Geologist
• 8/6 roster, FIFO ex Perth
• Opportunity exists for a Senior Geologist to step up
On behalf of an innovative gold producer, we are seeking to appoint an Open Pit Geology Superintendent to play a key role in leading their open pit geology team and production activities within a growing project base. With a multitude of different mineralisation styles, you will have the opportunity to be exposed to fascinating geology, different selective mining methods and technologies such as ore sorting. You will be encouraged to think outside usual production norms in an environment that fosters this type of thinking.
As either an established Open Pit Geology Superintendent or an experienced Senior Open Pit Geologist looking to take the step up, you will be responsible for all geology tasks related to open pit mine site production, reporting directly to the Geology Manager.
Main duties will include:
• Overseeing and leading an effective grade control and mining strategy
• Ensuring appropriate dilution controls
• Mentoring & training of graduate and junior production geologists (team numbers in 18 + geology members)
• EOM reconciliation
• Ensuring accurate reporting and reconciliation
• Liaising with the wider technical services team to ensure optimal mine planning and production is achieved
To be considered, you will have prior experience in at least a senior production geology role, ideally with at least 3 years precious metals experience.
This role is offered on a permanent basis, FIFO from Perth on an 8/6 roster. You will have the opportunity to join a highly regarded management team along with an operation steadily growing which in turn will yield considerable career development potential.
Unfortunately, we are only able to consider people with appropriate and relevant experience, and who are either Australian Permanent Residents or have the necessary permits to work in Australia.
Hi, I'm Scott Deakin. The most effective way to apply for this job is to do so online now. However, if you would like to speak with me first, my number is +61 (8) 9426 1522.
Not quite what you were looking for?
Subscribe to get the right job sent to you.Subscribe