Project Exploration Geologist
- High-grade Nickel-sulphide discovery
- Pick your roster 8/6 or 9/5, FIFO ex Perth
- Permanent, full-time position
- Established company with a highly experienced management team
MPi have been exclusively engaged by Poseidon Nickel Limited, a nickel sulphide exploration and development company with three projects located within a radius of 300km from Kalgoorlie in the Goldfields region of Western Australia and a resource base of around 400,000 tonnes of nickel and 180,000 ounces of gold.
Poseidon’s projects demonstrate significant exploration opportunities as shown by the discovery of the Abi Rose deposit at Lake Johnston and the recent discovery of the Golden Swan mineralisation at Black Swan. They now seek to appoint an experienced Project Exploration Geologist to work across multiple projects.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- A commitment to working safely, and the promotion of safe working practices with colleagues and contractors
- Provide technical input into resource estimation models including detailed geological modelling
- Core yard duties
- Evaluating exploration datasets towards the generation, ranking and testing of new and existing targets
- Actively mentor the junior Exploration Geologists and Field Technicians to ensure exploration is conducted as safely and effectively as possible
- Supervision, logging and sampling of RAB/ AC/ RC and Diamond Drilling programs
- Establishment and rehabilitation of drill sites, including supervision of earthworks and pegging holes
- Involvement in mapping, geochemical and geophysical programs
- Assisting with general camp duties
To be successful you will possess:
- Bachelor of Science in Geology preferably with honours or higher
- 3 - 5 years’ experience within WA nickel or gold systems. Experience with ultramafic assemblages will be highly favoured
- Knowledge of Komatiite and trough systems desirable
- Proficiency using Micromine and Mapinfo.
- Experience in using Datashed and other databases is advantageous
- Well-developed communication abilities
- The ability to pass a pre-employment medical and drug and alcohol screen
- A first-aid certificate and a National Police Clearance Certificate
Reporting to the Senior Exploration Geologist, you will initially be based at the Lake Johnston Project and later on have your own project at Black Swan or Windarra. You will have the opportunity to work within a high calibre management team, so there is plenty of support. Choose your roster and be part of a dynamic workplace that encourages new ideas and innovation.
Unfortunately, we are only able to consider Australian permanent residents or individuals with the right to work in Australia independently.
If you are interested in this role, please apply online in the first instance and then we can be in contact further once your application has been reviewed. Without your application or CV, we cannot comment on your suitability.
Not quite what you were looking for?
Subscribe to get the right job sent to you.Subscribe