Senior Database Geologist
- ASX listed copper developer
- Perth based with ability to work from home (occasional site trips required)
Working with the Chief Geologist, this role will be responsible for the overall management of all geoscientific information.
Key responsibilities include:
- Management of the company geological database spread across both exploration and development departments
- Liaise with geologists from both exploration and development teams to ensure that QA/QC for inputs into the database are fit for purpose for all database end-users
- Communicate with the resource geology team to ensure that inputs to the database and downloads are fit to use for publicly reportable mineral resource estimates
- Provide database downloads as required for other technical services departments including engineers and third-party contractors/consultants in a variety of formats as required
- Assist the Chief Geologist and project staff in due diligence activities
- Conduct audits of JV partners data inputs and databases as required
- Store, manage and incorporate JV partners databases for the company as required
- Clean and migrate external datasets to the input into a coherent data model as required
The successful individual will possess a background in exploration and/or mine geology and a minimum of 5 years of managing geological databases.
Other key competencies include:
- Bachelors degree in geology or geosciences equivalent
- 5 to 8 + years’ experience in the mining/exploration industry
- Strong knowledge about geological databases, modelling packages and GIS systems
- Experience with managing and working with contractors and QAQC monitoring
An attractive salary package and performance options will be included offering leverage to the company’s growth trajectory.
Unfortunately, we are only able to consider people with appropriate and relevant experience, and who are either Australian Permanent Residents or have the necessary permits to work in Australia.
Hi, I'm Scott Deakin. The most effective way to apply for this job is to do so online now. However, if you would like to speak with me first, my number is +61 (8) 9426 1522.
Not quite what you were looking for?
Subscribe to get the right job sent to you.Subscribe