Principal Mining Engineer (Underground)
- Permanent role
- Perth based
- Flexible work
About the Role
Our client is keen to attract a high calibre principal mining engineer/ study manager, who has reached a high level of technical competency in underground mining, preferably in base metals and precious metals in the Australian market.
Although consultancy experience is not an essential requirement, you will need to be confident performing the role of Study Manager in major studies taking responsibility for the work produced by an experienced technical team.
• Work with minimal supervision.
• Highly competent in his/her core activities.
• Has sufficient experience in his/her specialty(ies) to speak with confidence and be regarded by his/her peers as knowledgeable to expert level of competency.
• A well-established network within the Western Australian mining industry
• Is able to project manage themselves, including communicating with clients, managing time and budgets and producing reports.
• Problem solving skills.
• Strong client and team focus.
• Sound report writing skills.
• Sound computer software skills.
• Good written and spoken English.
• Good interpersonal skills.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• Formal tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering
• Significant employment history in Senior Mining roles
• Able to sign-off as a competent person for reserves reporting under the relevant industry codes i.e. JORC, NI 43-101, SAMREC
• High level proficiency in mining software
• High level proficiency in technical report writing
• At least 10-15 years of relevant experience in the mining industry
• Membership of AusIMM or another appropriate professional organisation.
Out client is keen to attract high calibre candidates and the successful individual will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration, flexible work environment, and a range of other benefits to be outlined during the recruitment process. There is a lots of upside potential in this role, suiting an individual who has senior leadership experience or aspirations.
How to Apply
For a confidential discussion, call Peter Mazzucato (08) 9426 1516. Alternatively hit the Apply Button Now.
Unfortunately, we are only able to consider people with appropriate and relevant experience, and who are either Australian Permanent Residents or have the necessary permits to work in Australia.
If you are interested in this role, please apply online in the first instance and then we can be in contact further once your application has been reviewed. Without your application or CV, we cannot comment on your suitability.
Not quite what you were looking for?
Subscribe to get the right job sent to you.Subscribe