Senior Exploration Geologist
- Several opportunities at both Project and Senior Exploration Geologist level
- Fantastic day rates ranging from $660 - $1,000/day depending on experience
- World class, high-grade gold-copper deposit transforming into Tier 1 scale
- Even time 2/2 roster or 8/6 if preferred.
MPi have partnered with a principal gold producer, who successfully operate and develop world class operations. We are currently recruiting specifically for one of the most exciting long-life gold-copper deposits in development, worldwide. The company commands a portfolio of predominantly low-cost, long-life mines and has a strong pipeline of brownfields and greenfields exploration projects. Not only will you work on a world-class gold deposit, but also join a company which is strongly focused on growth.
The Project has 8-10 diamond rigs, drilling deep holes with directional work. You will be staying in a modern camp, ensuite accommodation in a ~200-person camp with a gym, bar, and recreational room.
Role and responsibilities
- Senior Geologist – you will be leading and supervising the geology team and report to the geology superintendent. You will design and implement drill programs, mentor the team, and look after invoicing and reporting.
- Project Geologist – you provide your knowledge and experience to the team and support the Senior Geologist and Exploration Superintendent to ensure they can focus on higher level items. You will also assist with core logging and database management. You will manage the drill programs on a day-to-day basis, as well as organising, and collation of geological data.
- You hold at least a bachelor’s degree in Geology
- 5 - 7 years’ experience in Exploration, some experience in a Senior role
- At least 3 years’ experience in gold exploration for the Project role
- Strong Safety leadership and knowledge of safety systems
- Good verbal and written skills, in both presentation and technical writing
- Physical fitness and the ability to pass a pre-employment medical, provide a National Police Clearance Certificate and a manual WA driver’s licence.
- Experience with deep hole directional resource drilling. Ideally has experience in deep and/or directional work
- Knowledge of AcQuire database and Leapfrog modelling software.
Unfortunately, we are only able to consider people with appropriate and relevant experience, and who are Australian Permanent Residents.
If you are interested in this role, please apply online in the first instance and then we can be in contact further once your application has been reviewed. Without your application or CV, we cannot comment on your suitability.
Not quite what you were looking for?
Subscribe to get the right job sent to you.Subscribe