Open Pit Mine Geologist
• Permanent opportunity.
On behalf a privately owned Australian gold mining company, whose focus is on gold exploration and production, we are seeking a talented Open Pit Mine Geologist.
About the role
Reporting to the Senior Mine Geologist, the Mine Geologist is responsible for undertaking all mine geological activities.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Geological logging of drill core samples
• Mapping and documentation of mine floor and wall exposures
• Involvement in the planning and implementation of all in-pit shift grade control activities, including drilling, sampling, blast leveling, mark out, tallying and floor cleaning
• Supervise grade control drilling and sampling
• Involvement in the planning and implementation of mineral exploration programs and geophysical survey.
To be successful, you must have:
• Tertiary qualifications in Geology
• Minimum of 1 year experience in an open pit environment
• Advanced computer skills, ideally in Surpac, QGIS, Leapfrog and Office Suite
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player
• Current C Class manual WA driver’s license
• Able to pass a medical and drug/alcohol screen.
The role is offered on a permanent basis, FIFO from Perth on an 8/6 roster. You will report to the Senior Mine Geologist, undertaking a variety of open pit duties to ensure maximized ore extraction and recovery. A great opportunity to be a part of a dynamic crew, as an Open Pit Mine Geologist.
Unfortunately, we are only able to consider people with appropriate and relevant experience, and who are either Australian Permanent Residents or have the necessary permits to work in Australia.
If you are interested in this role, please apply online in the first instance and then we can be in contact further once your application has been reviewed. Without your application or CV, we cannot comment on your suitability.
Not quite what you were looking for?
Subscribe to get the right job sent to you.Subscribe