Ably led by an experienced and credible board, and well funded from IPO, NiS are committed to supplying nickel into the global electrification and energy transition. With an eye on maximising near term production opportunities and uncovering the true potential of over 10kms of underexplored fertile nickel terrane, this role will be empowered deliver on strategy and exploration success.
Career development will also be a key tenant for those wanting it, with the MD and board supporting an orderly transition to a more senior role for individuals displaying the right aptitude and abilities.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, this role is responsible for both the Greenfields and Brownfields Exploration strategy.
- Individual to own, set, implement and execute the overarching exploration strategy delivering exploration success and resource development.
- Advised by the Senior Technical Advisor for Exploration (20+ year geologist), and able to work closely with the Chair of the Board (40+ years geologist).
- Currently NiS are undertaking a refresh of their 2013 scoping study, including updating metallurgical models and including the utilisation of ore sorting, so this role will work collaboratively with the Manager Processing to provide relevant geological inputs.
- There will be close involvement on corporate front, including assessment and analysis of potential business development opportunities.
- Liaison with brokers, funds and retail investors as required.
Duties to include but not limited to:
- Conceptualizing and generating exploration targets.
- Planning, coordinating and managing drilling programs and contractors.
- Integral responsibility for safety and quality control during drilling campaigns and all field work.
- Build the team and then ensure, training and mentoring of exploration team members.
- Producing technical reports for the company and mines department.
- Producing draft ASX Announcements to update the market on exploration activities.
- Providing regular reports and presentations to the board.
- Liaison with local land and stakeholders to foster positive community relationships, critical to the projects ongoing success.
- 12 years + exploration experience with a proven background within nickel sulphide systems/deposits. Any prior mining experience would be highly advantageous but not essential.
- Prior and demonstrated abilities operating in an Exploration Manager capacity.
- Commitment to the NiS story, can see and wants the longer-term success story at Ravensthorpe and beyond.
- Ability to work both autonomously and within a tight knit team.
- While the role is Perth based, there will be a requirement for travel to site, to manage field programmes, advance geological understanding and to interact with the local community and stakeholders. This will be particularly important in the first 12-18 months
Unfortunately, Mining People International are only able to consider people with appropriate and relevant experience, and who are either Australian Permanent Residents or have the necessary permits to work in Australia and whom are currently in Australia.
Hi, I'm Scott Deakin. The most effective way to apply for this job is to do so online now. However, if you would like to speak with me first, my number is +61 (8) 9426 1522.
Not quite what you were looking for?
Subscribe to get the right job sent to you.Subscribe