Open Pit Mine Geologist
- Lifestyle friendly 8/6 roster, FIFO ex Perth
- Permanent contract opportunity
- Day shift only
Our client, is an innovative gold producer with multiple operations. They are currently looking for an experienced Open Pit Mine Geologist to join their team. Reporting to the Senior Mine Geologist this is a great opportunity to work with some of the industry’s best and develop your geology career in the dynamic open pit environment.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Grade control planning and management.
- Implementation and reconciliation within open pit mining operations.
- Perform geological mapping & wireframe interpretation to enhance understanding of geological control on ore & waste.
- Maintain current daily, weekly & monthly reporting practices.
To be successful, you must have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Geology
- 2+ years post graduate experience in mine geology
- Recent experience with Gold and/or base metals, preferably open pit
- Competent in utilising geological software packages (such as Vulcan, Surpac, Datamine & / or Micromine)
- Experience with ore control data collection & analysis
- Good understanding of QAQC practices
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel
Unfortunately, Mining People International are only able to consider people with appropriate and relevant experience, and who are either Australian Permanent Residents or have the necessary permits to work in Australia and whom are currently in Australia.
If you are interested in this role, please apply online in the first instance and then we can be in contact further once your application has been reviewed. Without your application or CV, we cannot comment on your suitability.
Not quite what you were looking for?
Subscribe to get the right job sent to you.Subscribe