Senior Database Administrator
• Work from home options available
• Office located 6km south of Perth CBD.
Our client is a growing ASX-listed Australian gold producer currently seeking an experienced Senior Database Administrator to join their Perth office on a permanent basis.
About the role
This is a permanent position working Monday to Friday in their Perth office, with occasional site visits and working from home options available. As the Senior Database Administrator, you will be responsible for providing support in the management, development and maintenance of geological database systems.
Responsibilities will include:
• Provide daily database management support function for exploration, open pit and underground operational geology teams
• Ensure historical and current data is validated, of the best integrity achievable, and is maintained in compliance with relevant statutory legislation
• Perform analysis of quality assurance, quality control (QAQC) and reporting for exploration and mining departments. Liaise with field staff, geologists and laboratories regarding results to reduce systematic errors countered
• Provide an administrative support function to the GM G&E
• Actively seek opportunities for continuous improvement leading to implementing innovative solutions or new/improved approaches to work or work methods, driving time and cost efficiency
• Aid in developing/improving safety and standard technical procedures for all geological processes
• Develop a high standard of knowledge in all aspects of data management
• Mentor the Geology team on best practice data management, whilst working closely with other departments to ensure best outcomes for the company.
• Qualification in Geology and/or Information Technology
• 2+ years’ experience in a similar role within the mining industry
• Demonstrate initiative, creative problem-solving skills and high attention to detail
• Microsoft Access experience
• Experience in SQL based database management systems (highly regarded)
• Experience in MaxGeo geological database management systems (highly regarded).
The position is a permanent role working Monday to Friday in their Perth office. An excellent opportunity to join a growing ASX-listed gold producer as they continue unlocking value across its large and highly prospective tenement package in the Yilgarn Craton region of Western Australia.
Unfortunately, Mining People International are only able to consider people with appropriate and relevant experience, and who are either Australian Permanent Residents or have the necessary permits to work in Australia and whom are currently in Australia.
If you are interested in this role, please apply online in the first instance and then we can be in contact further once your application has been reviewed. Without your application or CV, we cannot comment on your suitability.
Not quite what you were looking for?
Subscribe to get the right job sent to you.Subscribe