Open Pit Mine Geologist
We a have a small team of energetic people creating new systems and making their mark. There are about 40 people on site which should expand to over 200 within 12 months. Everyone is preparing to get ready for mining, breaking rocks and plating copper.
- 8 days on 6 days off roster
- FIFO Perth
- Future-proof commodity
- Copper heap leach mining & innovative processing
- Established village undergoing upgrades
- Interesting & challenging copper mineralisation and geology
- Unique environment situated on the edge of the Great Sandy Desert
- Massive 20+ year reserve
- Details are evolving rapidly as we head toward operational readiness:
- Exposure to resource interpretation & wireframe and block modelling
- Supervision of ore mark out and ore extraction to minimise dilution and maximise recovery
- Supervision of pit geological technicians and resource definition drilling contractors
- Ensure geological logging of grade control drillholes and all sampling and associated data management is conducted to the required standard
- Update grade control models and produce dig block designs and associated documentation
- Monitor QA/QC of sampling and assaying
- Assist the Senior Mine Geologist in compilation of weekly, monthly and annual reports
- Map geological features within the pit and compile maps & reports
- Maintain high levels of communication between geological personnel, engineers, surveyors and mining personnel on site
- Design and document grade control and near-mine exploration programmes to accurately delineate the ore body ahead of mining
- Fill in for Senior Open Pit Geologist as required
- Promote a safe, healthy and productive work environment .
If you are interested in this role, please apply online in the first instance and then we can be in contact further once your application has been reviewed. Without your application or CV, we cannot comment on your suitability.
Not quite what you were looking for?
Subscribe to get the right job sent to you.Subscribe