Underground Mine Geologist
- FIFO ex Perth family friendly 8/6 roster
- Brand new mine development
- ASX listed gold producer.
On behalf of an Australian Gold Producer, we are seeking an Underground Geologist to play a key role assisting their underground geological activities. With a 4moz+ resource endowment, this will be a long life, high margin operation. Located in the Eastern Goldfields of Western Australia. The project is serviced by first class infrastructure at the project, local shire, and national infrastructure levels with everything required to commence mining already in place.
About the role:
Reporting to the Senior Mine Geologist, you will implement, maintain, and drive the daily mine geological activities and play an integral role in optimising the extraction of ore. With multiple undergrounds and open pit mines coming online, this will be a diverse opportunity to progress your career in a dynamic environment that allows you to gain experience in a multitude of mining scenarios. This role provides the opportunity to be part of an exciting phase of growth for the company with exposure to all facets of mining activities.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Learn, develop, and use the mine geological processes in a manner that achieves and or exceeds specified goals, cost, and safety targets.
- Implementation and supervision of day-to-day underground grade control activities
- Assist with the collection and interpretation of geological and structural data to ensure compliance with statutory requirements and standards.
- Ensure that the Geology team supports the Mining Department to optimise the extraction of the mineral reserve.
- Take responsibility for face and backs mapping/sampling.
- Underground drill design and core logging
- Provide guidance to geological personnel to support their respective accountabilities (i.e., Graduate Geologists).
To be successful, you must have:
- Tertiary qualification in geology or geosciences and 1+ years industry experience.
- Strong communication skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite.
- Exposure to relevant mining software packages.
Offered as a permanent opportunity, FIFO from Perth on a 8/6 roster. This is a unique career development opportunity, to work with a highly regarded management team and provide valued input into the direction of underground operations.
Unfortunately, Mining People International are only able to consider people with appropriate and relevant experience, and who are either Australian Permanent Residents or have the necessary permits to work in Australia and whom are currently in Australia.
If you are interested in this role, please apply online in the first instance and then we can be in contact further once your application has been reviewed. Without your application or CV, we cannot comment on your suitability.
Not quite what you were looking for?
Subscribe to get the right job sent to you.Subscribe