Underground Mine Geologist
- FIFO ex Perth 8/6 roster
- Permanent opportunity
- ASX listed International Gold Producer
On behalf of our client, a very successful gold producer, we are seeking Underground Mine Geologists, to join a vibrant hub of activity, with the ability to be part of successful and productive team. Great company culture with the opportunity to lead and develop a great workforce.
About the role:
You will be a member of a team operating independently of the principal Underground Operations in a regionally unique granite-hosted gold deposit. You will be supported by a Geology team of five, led by a Senior and Project Geologist with technical field assistance present.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Generating and collecting high quality geological information in a fast-paced underground setting. This will include, the design and management of underground drilling, core logging, geological mapping of underground development, and wall and face sampling.
- Assisting with the modelling and estimation of geological and mineralised domains, ensuring clear communication of the deposit’s exceptional Resource to the mine engineers as you continue to delineate and grow it.
- Close tracking of material movements, with daily, weekly, and monthly reconciliation required.
- Ensuring high quality data collection and dissemination by implementing and adhering to a robust QA/QC system.Ensuring all tasks are completed safely.
- Degree majoring in Geology
- 1-3 years’ experience in a production role
- Previous mining experience in UG gold preferred but not essential
- Junior Geologists are also encouraged to apply.
Offered as a permanent opportunity, FIFO from Perth on an 8/6 roster. This is a unique career development opportunity, to work with a highly regarded management team and provide valued input into the direction of underground operations.
Unfortunately, Mining People International are only able to consider people with appropriate and relevant experience, and who are either Australian Permanent Residents or have the necessary permits to work in Australia and whom are currently in Australia.
If you are interested in this role, please apply online in the first instance and then we can be in contact further once your application has been reviewed. Without your application or CV, we cannot comment on your suitability.
Not quite what you were looking for?
Subscribe to get the right job sent to you.Subscribe