Underground Safety and Training Advisor
- Permanent Position
- FIFO/DIDO roster
Our client is an ASX list Australian gold mining company with high grade mining assets on Australia’s East coast. On their behalf we are seeking the services of an experienced Underground Safety and Training professional to join their team.
The role will assist the mine supervisors in all aspects of safety and training, including JSA’s, risk assessments, safety audits and incident investigations. The role will also assist the manager in ensuring compliance to the Occupational Health & Safety Act, including leading in WorkSafe audits and inspections.
To achieve this you will:
- Assist the Mine Supervisor/Foreman in maintaining safe operations.
- Ensure SWI/SOP/Procedures, JSA/risk assessments are used and up to date.
- Ensure MMH assessments are up to date and validated.
- Assist with welfare issues and new employee integration.
- Manage emergency response preparedness
- Prepare the mine for regular safety verification Audits.
- Coordinate the development and delivery of the OHS Training.
- Assess Underground safety infrastructure.
- Several years in a similar role, underground mining experience is essential.
- Experience reviewing and editing reporting processes and procedures.
- Tertiary qualifications Occupational Health and Safety.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an energetic safety professional to play an integral role in the development of this exciting gold operation. The company offers competitive conditions of employment.
Unfortunately, Mining People International are only able to consider people with appropriate and relevant experience, and who are either Australian Permanent Residents or have the necessary permits to work in Australia and whom are currently in Australia.
Hi, I'm Gary Kearns. The most effective way to apply for this job is to do so online now. However, if you would like to speak with me first, my number is +61 (8) 9426 1561.
Not quite what you were looking for?
Subscribe to get the right job sent to you.Subscribe