National Police Clearances
What is a National Police Clearance (NPC)?
A NPC is a list of an individual’s previous criminal outcomes and pending charges that are deemed as disclosable at the time of applying for a NPC.
Why do I need one?
Many of the sites throughout the Mining & Resources industry require their staff, both contractors and permanent employees, to obtain a NPC to be able to proceed to site. If you are going to work at one of these sites, you will be required to present a NPC in order to be cleared to go to site.
The Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission (ACIC) delivers the National Police Checking Service (NPCS) to Australian police agencies and other organisations who are accredited. As an Applicant, you have the right to dispute your police check result if you believe it is incorrect. Please click here to view the dispute process & contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org to lodge your complaint.
How do I get one?
To submit your request electronically, follow the action list below. Alternatively, you can bring your required ID documents into any MPi office and we can complete the process face to face.
Contact us on our dedicated email address email@example.com for more information.
Action list to obtain a NPC
To submit your application for a NPC please follow the steps below:
1. Complete an Application and Informed Consent form
Please make sure you go through this Application & Informed Consent form carefully and be sure to provide accurate information. Download the form here.
2. Gather your required ID
As referred to on page 2 of the Application and Informed Consent form, you must provide the following certified ID:
- One commencement document (e.g. Current Australian passport, Australian birth certificate, Australian Visa, etc)
- One primary document (e.g. Current Australian drivers licence, proof of age card, etc) and
- Two secondary documents (e.g. Medicare card, government benefit card, etc).
This ID needs to be certified by an approved person listed in Schedule 2 of the Statutory Declaration Regulation 1993. Alternatively, you can bring the true and original ID documents into a Mining People International office to be certified by an approved staff member.
3. Lodge your NPC documents
Lodge the following online using the link below and complete payment. Alternatively, you can also do this at a Mining People International office.
- Your completed Application and Informed Consent form
- Your certified ID documents – Please note: We cannot process your application if your ID hasn’t been certified
- A clear photo of you holding one of the ID documents up next to your face so we are able link you to the application being made.