If you’re a FIFO worker and you’re looking for something fun to do in Perth with your kids while you’re on R&R, here are 10 ideas.
2020 has been a tough year for everyone, but FIFO families have felt a particular pain, with many FIFO workers experiencing longer than normal away swings thanks to coronavirus roster changes.
If you’ve been away from your kids for an extended period of time, you probably want to make the most of your time together while you’re home on R&R.
Here are our 10 ideas for fun days for families in Perth.
10 fun things for FIFO workers to do with their families on R&R
- This one is for gamers, young and old. Introduce your kids to the consoles that kept you entertained as a child and see how much technology has changed over the years at The Nostalgia Box - Video Game Console Museum.
- Been spending too much time on the driving range? (If your site has one!) Show off your golf skills with a trip to the latest 3D mini golf sensation, Glowing Rooms.
- Help ignite a passion for STEM (science, technology, engineering and maths) in your little learners with a trip to Scitech.
- More than 1300 animals from around the world can be found just five minutes away from the Perth CBD. Every kid loves a day out at Perth Zoo. (You can go into the reptile enclosure and show them the snakes you see on a daily basis!)
- Grab the family and embark on a virtual adventure to uncover Perth’s golden secrets with the Heart of Gold Discovery Trail around Perth’s CBD.
- Looking for a real adrenalin rush with the kids? Why not try out your head for heights with a trip to Flying Trapeze Perth. It’s incredibly good fun!
- Do you have a budding AFL legend in your family? Or perhaps a budding rockstar? If you do, why not take them on a behind-the-scenes tour of Optus Stadium to see where they could, one day, find themselves playing in front of a crowd of thousands.
- Ever wanted to find out if a pirate’s life is for you? Take the whole family on a pirate adventure on the high seas of the Mandurah canals aboard the Pirate Ship Mandurah.
- With mazes, sensory play activities, children’s playground and Australian animal experiences, not to mention waterslides and other water-based fun (depending on the season), Outback Splash in the Swan Valley is an adrenaline-packed day out for the whole family.
- Love the idea of skydiving but don’t really feel like getting on another plane right now if you don’t have to? iFly Perth Indoor Skydiving will let you experience skydiving without the need for a plane. It’s a fun day out for anyone aged from three to 103.