Who are we?
Over 26 Years, Mining People International (MPi) has become one of the most reputable names in mining executive recruitment, with a portfolio of high-profile clients whom we’ve helped build successful management and executive leadership teams.
Lindsay’s expertise is Executive Search and Board Appointments assisting Senior Executives and organisations with search, evaluation and selection.
In addition to Lindsay, our executive search team includes ex mining industry senior managers with collectively 60+ years of mining industry recruitment experience.
What we do
- Executive Search & Selection
- Board Appointments
- Talent Mapping & Research
- Organisation Design
- Our mission is clear; to assist mining employers and executives, make great appointments, the first time
- We merge deep knowledge of executive search; comprehensive databases, extensive networks and targeted research methodology, with unparalleled knowledge of the resources sector
- A blue-chip miner can be akin to a factory, a $5m IPO to an R&D start up and the vagaries of ore bodies, determine mining and processing methods. These things should influence appointments
- We get this innately and consequently spend more time assisting you make great choices based on cultural fit. Get this right and executive and board relationships succeed handsomely and ultimately drive elite performance.
Successful senior resource industry appointments require the attention of experts who understand search and what it takes to succeed at executive level in today’s global mining industry.
Unparalleled sourcing experience:
- Articulation of requirements
- Building forensic briefs
- Designing diverse attraction strategies to tap multiple talent pools.
- Detailed experience profiles
- Qualification verification
- Triple mode interviews; phone, video and in person.
- Psychometric profiling and, where appropriate, aptitude assessments.
- Comprehensive reports inclusive of recommendations, drive a truly consultative approach to executive resourcing.
Regularly described by MPi’s clients, as the most comprehensive and value driven approach in the market today.
- Mining industry boards are often small but need oversight of many professional disciplines.
- Reduce the risk of board “group think” that can come from an overreliance on appointments from a limited number of known options.
- A truly independent consulting service, specialising in mining board appointments.
- We source high quality director candidates, and support you evaluating the very best available option, no matter where they came from.
The MPi Talent Mapping service delivers a comprehensive overview of current and future mining executives against specific criteria including competitor employers, roles, commodities, location and remuneration.
A Talent Map will:
- Enable you to see who could fill your future requirements
- Benchmark your internal succession plans against top external talent
- Inform strategies such as localisation and diversity.
- As mining organisations change, so should their structures
- Our service assists you design fit-for-purpose structures, tailored to the mining industry and aimed at driving elite performance across all metrics
- In the dynamic world of mining, best of breed organisation design, should not be about “lines and boxes” but rather about defining decision rights and accountability, with zero bottlenecks.
- Our work assists you evaluate, design and choose, the most appropriate model to deliver your strategic imperatives.
Mining People International would like to congratulate all the recent executive & board appointments:
- Pilbara Minerals has appointed Miriam Stanborough to its board as a non-executive director.
- Antipa Minerals has made changes to its board. Long-time non-executive director Mark Rodda will become executive director, commercial and legal. Executive chairman Stephen Power will become non-executive chairman.
- Alligator Energy has appointed director Greg Hall as full-time managing director and CEO.
- Charles Fear has been appointed as non-executive chairman of Mayur Resources, replacing interim chair Frank Terranova who will step down from the board. Chris Indermaur has also been appointed as a director.
- GoldOz (formerly New Energy Minerals). The company has appointed Campbell Smyth and Peter Huljich as non-executive directors.
- Tesoro Resources has appointed Linton Putland as executive director, mining and development and Kristie Young as a non-executive director. Sarah Wilson has been appointed as joint company secretary.
- Peako has appointed Dr Paul Kitto as non-executive technical director.